GamePages

Monday, March 21, 2011

i love lone

MAY I JUST SAY, LONE LOOKS STUNNING IN FULL SCREEN.

Ahem, now that I've gotten that over with. It's time for the first nite note! A semi-nightly blog post on the game development for that day. In this one, I'mma cover the all-new lone.

I gotta say the game looks fantastic. Even though player shadows had to be removed, the game looks the best ANY of my games have ever looked, at least on my screen. I still need to do testing on other computers (and, uh... desktops)

The game runs in a wide window, but nothing looks stretched, even when in full screen from what I've seen. Everything looks crisp, bright, fun. I'm addicted! It's gotten me in that idea flow thing where you have no writers block whatsoever.
Read more after the breaaaaaak!
Now, I added some things to the game tonight, and the Sunday Build won't be updated to reflect that, expect a Monday Night Build tomorrow, with even more stuff.
1. I got some interiors for the first and leftmost building in the game, lighted up at night but still unfurnished.
2. I tweaked the clocks a tad.
3. Tweaked night-time overlay.
4. Shrunk the player!
5. Let loose the framerate, it's no longer limited to anything and just depends on your machine.
6. Bug fixed involving the game not using Direct3D 9 for some reason.
7. A TON more sound effects, including city ambience that scales in volume to if you are on foot, indoors, or in a car!

Phewww.

No comments:

Post a Comment