GamePages

Monday, January 23, 2012

ProPoints, patches, and prerelease 2 stuff

Alright, so we have a primitive save system in place, we have a 'currency' system, and we have some bugfixes from Prerelease 1 prepped for PR2, besides the Maximize/resize crash and graphics bug.

First I want to talk about  use for PP. There will be a shop, but I don't have many ideas for what to put in it.
Idea time!
  • [Unlikely] Lock content off so you need to unlock story missions/legacy phases with PP
  • [Highly Likely] A badge series that can only be bought through the shop, pretty much harder to get than the pure PP series (Over 9000, ML Million)
  • [Maybe] Minor player improvements, like faster running speed. I want to be able to keep the game balanced so this is an issue.
  • [Likely] Minor changes to the game itself, like Menu screen backgrounds.
I'm still thinking of ideas and I'm not happy with what's here, expect some more ideas later on.

Next topic: Patching the game.
Big thing I'm going to be working on before I release Prerelease 2 is a patching system, now that the game has save files I don't want people to lose them every update, you can, however - backup your points.ini and it will still read in future versions.

So here's my current set of goals before I release PR2:
  • Patch system, game updater.
  • Story mode scenes 1 and 2 complete.
  • Legacy tweaks.
  • More badges, working Legacy badges.
  • Fixes from PR1 (no progress on the mximize/resize crash sadly)
  • Foundation of a storefront at least, probably no content.
  • Hubs for Story and Survival, improved Legacy hub.
  • A skip-able opening tutorial.
  • "Live Hub", more on it later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment