GamePages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pre Release 2 and CSI:P Menu UI

First thing: The Live Hub concept I wanted to put in PR2 will not be in that version, the ActiveX Microsoft Web Browser extension is a glitchy P.O.S. so maybe later on.

Now to the real article... I'm not happy with the UI design for CSI:P, it's not at all consistent from menu to the Badge Wall - so I'll be toying around with a redesign to make it fit in with the Badge Wall. I'm not a fan of overzealous hand-holding in games ("You can move with WSAD!") But this game is designed with my younger cousins in mind, so I'll see if I can put a guide similar to Revelations travel guide.

Now, small side projects:
While I don't want to work on lone (too big a project and distraction from CSIP) I do want to toy around with some side projects as a refreshing activity. Both I want to work on are revamps/sequels of old games from my past. Quarantine 2 and Minisports 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment