GamePages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Next up: The big Square Trail update!

So summer has pretty much started and the Lone and Prologue mini-updates have hit, here are some of my goals for this summer.
  1. Get the next Square Trail update, version 2, pushed out in the coming weeks.
  2. Get some levels done for Prologue, revise gifting system.
  3. I doubt I'll be able to get Outskirts part 2 for Lone this summer, SO I'M MAKING IT A 4 PART UPDATE WOOO. parts 2 and 3 will probably come out next month. Finishing the forest area and adding more to the Pier. Actual ferry would be in part 4.
Pretty much: Big updates for all 3 games. But Square Trail will be my main focus. I had to revise my goals for it a bit, but here's what I want as of now:
  • Complete UI overhaul, big enough to fit...
  • New customization tools!
  • Credit system, points are aggregated with bonuses to create Coins each round.
  • Coins are spent on items and skins for your Square.
  • Items give small "mini-abilities" such as a bomb. They are not limited to your ability choice. You can use Ghost as your ability and carry a few Bomb items. Items are ALWAYS weaker than Abilities.
  • Abilities will most likely not be locked out. You won't have to buy them with Coins.
  • Skins are different, completely cosmetic designs for your Square. They always have the same size and speed.
A while back I talked about a Ranking system, where you can level up and such. While this seems like a good idea and all, I fear it's a bit overused. Leveling puts interesting RPG aspects into non-RPG games nowadays. Look at Call of Duty (4 and up) and Battlefield 3. Square Trail is not supposed to be an RPG, and I will leave this out until I can come up with an idea better than simple Levels. For now, it'll play similar to Prologue's "MyPro". Collect credits -> buy items for new gameplay -> earn more credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment