GamePages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lordaeron Past Day 3: New Areas, New Names


The Valley of Colors, one of the routes to the Elder Forest.
Welcome to Lordaeron Past (Soon Mythrin) map development: Day 3.
I haven't updated for a while due to their being no major additions. Lately I've been working hard on balancing encounters and drop rates. I think I've reached a good point, so I can continue with new stuff.

I'm still undecided on whether or not to change make the map take place in an entirely different universe lore wise, but it might as well be. There's probably 5% map accuracy when you compare what I'm doing here to actual Lordaeron in Warcraft 3.

I've been working on finishing up the River Forest and Southern Plains recently! Many new encounters were added as endgame for the area. I also added more hidden crates that could be destroyed for bonus gold, wood, or items. Some of the new areas exist for pure challenge and loot, without opening new routes, like the area below:
This is Tahnos Rise, a tree-covered hill in the middle of the Southern Plains. Filled with medium-level and high health rogues and bandits ready to deal some damage to your team.

The 'final' encounter in the area is Hidden Ridge, the center for Troll movement in the area by Capital City. It's also your first chance at an Artifact Item. Artifacts in Warcraft 3 are the highest quality gear in the game, they're permanent and have powerful passives or actives.

I want to remind everyone real quick: You can go about this map in any order you want. You don't need to 'finish' an area to move on to the next, you can move freely between any part of the map and it's encounters at any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment