GamePages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lordaeron Past: Day 2 - Mechanics, new name

This is Day 2 of the development of Lordaeron Past, my Warcraft 3 map.

Before I start, I want to say I'm thinking up some new names for the map. I'll also be developing some lore and background, as well as real location names. Expect something official tomorrow! Current name: Mythrin. Something with Myth in the name.

First thing I did today was expand the map. First, I extended the city and added a Park area, that happens to be filled with bandits and rogues. 

Next I built up on some land south of the River Forest. This is the Southern Fields, home of 3 key areas: The first village you should encounter, Stone Springs, and the nearby Quarry. When you arrive, this quarry will be taken over by Kobolds, and the lake west of town is occupied by Murlocs.

In the town of Stone Springs, you'll find two things that matter to you: A barracks to train more soldiers without heading back to the city, and a Healing Fountain in a grove north of town.

Alright, now that new area discussion is over with. Mechanics!
  • I modified many 'creeps' attack speeds and damage to make them more of a challenge.
  • A whole lot of loot table balancing has been done today, but this is something I doubt will ever by solid. It'll likely change in every patch.
  • I added a Night Elf and Orc hero spawn, so you can choose between Human, Night Elf, or Orc. There are some major issues, though. One Night Elf hero has the ability to turn Trees into Treants, in this map Trees themselves act as natural boundaries rather than normal Warcraft 3 black boundaries. This hero can be used to cut through a forest and get around the map. Peons can't cut down trees, heroes shouldn't either.
  • Hero move speeds have been balanced out. No more extremely slow Mountain King.

No comments:

Post a Comment