GamePages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

On: Open Source taeHD?

I got a few questions over email about any plans to release tae (well, the HD version in CSI 2 Revelations and lone) as a Multimedia Fusion 2 (what I use to make this stuff) example file. Yup, I will! By the end of this 'Trevtech Generation' though, sometime in the summer, that way it will have all the improvements I'd of put in an early version of the taeHD running CSI 2: NATIONS that won't be in REVELATIONS. Not sure about updating it from there on though, it's up to whoever downloads it at that point.

tae3D is an entirely different thing. THERE'S NO WAY I'd release this in open source by then, it's done as an idea, sure. But so far in the example I have, it has NO FUNCTIONALITY. There's nothing you can do with it like taeHD has so far, it might as well not be a 'tae' at all, there's almost no similarities. None if you don't count lone. as a taeHD release.

One final thing that you don't see in this list, I want true GamePage integration into games. I'll start with lone. AFTER the Outskirts Expansion. Imagine being able to open up the GamePage wherever you are (and even from lone. itself) check out some achievement goals you can earn, then start playing Lone and being able to collect them. So far it's 100% in the idea stage with no sort of physical form, integration might not even come with it, as in saved achievements. I think I can work on it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment